Friday, September 9, 2011

Kristin Chenoweth releases her first country album "Some Lesson Learned"

Sally Brown in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (1999)" Kristin Chenoweth is going to release her new country album "Some Lesson Learned" on September 13, Tuesday. This will be seen in the Dallas-based TV show, "GCB," which will be aired in mid-season on ABC. This album features songs written by Dolly Parton and Diane Warren. The 43 year old Oklahoma native told Reuters that country music fits her naturally.


"I was probably the freak in Broken Arrow, because I loved opera," pint-sized star  told The Advocate. "My parents played all kinds of music. I was a huge Julie Andrews fan, and I loved all the cast albums. I also listened to Beethoven and Chopin."

In fact, Chenoweth wasn't even going to record a country album until songwriter Diane Warren told her she was. "She heard me do a track of Carrie Underwood's for 'Glee' called "Last Name," and she said, 'You're a country artist.' I said, 'I do feel that, but I'm afraid I won't be accepted.' She said, 'This is part of who you are. Go for it.'

Warren, Chenoweth adds, is "the one who got me into the recording studio in Nashville. I said, 'I'll do two songs and we'll see how it goes.' And it just grew from there." After she wraps promoting "Some Lessons Learned," Chenoweth will turn her focus to "GCB," which has already come under attack -- and it hasn't even aired yet.

The comedy-drama, based on the bestselling book about a divorcee (Leslie Bibb) who returns to Dallas with her kids, had to change its name twice already.  Originally titled, "Good Christian Bitches" (same as the book), it was then switched to "Good Christian Belles." But after some Christian groups felt it was demeaning, ABC is now just sticking with its acronym.


Her previous album is "A Lovely Way to Spend Christmas" which was released in October 14, 2008. The other two are "As I Am" in 2005 and "Let Yourself Go" in 2005.


No comments: